What is Christianity?
Christians believe Jesus is the son of God, God having become man and the saviour of humanity.
Why is Jesus relevant to me?
We believe that God made the Earth and everything in it. His greatest creation was humanity. He made people to live on Earth and look after it. At first, God enjoyed the relationship with the people he had created, but before long they chose to disobey Him (by eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil) and do what they wanted, instead of what God wanted. The result? Their relationship with Him was ruined. The Bible calls such disobedience sin, and it has affected all humanity down to this day. While God still loves us, just as he did with those first people, sin separates us from Him and prevents us having a relationship with him.
What can you do to restore this relationship?
Only God can restore the relationship. In fact, He already has because He sent Jesus Christ, His son, into the world to become a man. Jesus is the only man who has ever lived a perfect life, but although He deserved no punishment for any sins, He allowed God to punish Him on the cross instead of you. It might be hard to hear and accept, but the only suitable punishment for your sins is death. Jesus took your place and died on the cross, paying the price for your sin.
What do I have to do then?
Although we’ve just said that only God can restore the relationship, you need to do a few things too. Doing these things means you’ll become a Christian:
- Admit to God that you’ve sinned against Him. Tell Him that you’re genuinely sorry for the things you’ve done wrong and that you’re going to stop doing them.
- Believe that when Jesus Christ died on the cross, He took the punishment for your sin.
- Ask Jesus to come into your life, take away your sin and give you eternal life.
- Tell someone tat you’ve done this.
- You should also start attending a church regularly.